View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 08:34 PM
Meow1215
On Guard!

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Originally Posted by Milksheikh View Post
I believe OO has been waiving the min contractual flying for delta up until sept 30 but won’t any further. After that delta doesn’t have to give them any more flying but they will pay skywest for a full schedule so it would only make sense to give them flying they are going to pay for it anyway. As you said, it costs delta essentially nothing to reduce edvs flying, but they have to pay skywest at least the contractual min. The only other operator for delta is republic who it appears also will be getting reduced flying.
50 planes were scheduled to come off contract on 12/31/2020. DAL negotiated an early out on 25 of them, the other 25 are coming offline. That’s in OOs corporate filings. Yes, I believe OO made a deal to give short-term concessions on FFDs in exchange for probably some future 175 flying or something. But it doesn’t change the fact that DAL doesn’t want to enter into CPAs with an uncertain future. I would bet that they will negotiate further early outs for existing CPAs if it means saving money today. DAL has proven time and again that a contract means nothing to them. See EV, CP, G7, DL.