Old 01-31-2008, 05:03 PM
SKE-17
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: A320

With your desire of becoming an airline pilot I would highly consider AFRES. 10 years is a long time to commit and alot of senority #'s passed with an airline should you elect AD. Even if the alure of flying fighters suits you more, you may investigate the possibility of going reserve then crossflowing to a fighter sqd after you spend a little time in the C-5. I don't know if there are age limitations, but it may be an option.

I separated from AD in July and would submit that working when I so desire as a traditional reservist is priceless. Airline flying is a job, but when I truly want to have fun, I head to the sqd to fly w/ my buds. If your unit becomes thin on funds and you want to remain on orders, you may need to get creative to get paid (i.e. deploy w/ the active duty, tactics, stage, etc.).

IMO, if you elected the AD route, I think MWS - White Jets - MWS is totally conceivable. MWS-MWS-MWS is a posibility too. The main challenge will be stiff arming that UAV and non-flying billet that crewdogs despise most. Congrats and good luck!