View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Seneca Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Hedley View Post
The United pilots will have recall rights and they will definitely leave, but the thousands of really good pilots from TSA, XJT, Compass, and who ever might be next, have nowhere to go. It isn’t like the legacies hire everyone with an application turned in. An airline would get years of highly experienced pilots on the list and not have to train someone who has zero experience. Not a dig against the new guys, everyone was that guy once, but if I were hiring and given the choice between a former E145 pilot with thousands of hours, or a pilot with minimum ATP requirements and a few hours in a dutchess, I’ll hire the experienced pilot every time.
I have knowledge through a friend on a hiring committee that certain ULCC's will pass on your experienced guy with thousands of hours precisely because he has lots of options. Some companies want lower qualifications because they want more time before the employee leaves. You really think JO cares if a pilot has 10,000 hours or 1,500 as long as the job gets done. He likely wants the pilot he can keep the longest when things turn around.