Thread: Contract 2021
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 09:56 AM
seefive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: MD11 FO

Originally Posted by PurpleToolBox View Post
I am not trying to beat you up. However what you just said is something that eats me to my core. And I can't stand it.

As soon as I became a member here, all I heard was the Union telling us how long it's going to take to get a Contract. And then I've heard members saying how long it's going to be before we get a contract. Why? Because it's always been that way? BS!

DEMAND a Contract within 180 days of the amendable date or let the company we will go down the road for a strike vote. It doesn't matter whether Washington would ever let a strike happen. It is the message it sends. If we were unified, we wouldn't have to wait. Our Union DOES NOT hold this company to their word and the contract. They let the company violate little things here and there. I know personally as I've had them write me to tell me that they weren't going to grieve something because they thought the Company would win. BS They knew I was in the right. They gave up on me.

We keep saying to ourselves it's going to be four more years and it will if we keep it up. We should already have our top ten items and be passing that information to the company for what we want. The union is behind. And we still haven't implemented everything from C2015. Ridiculous.

This is our fault.

It was a huge failure. Yet there are people among us, Kronan et al, who are lockstep with FedEx ALPA sayin that our contract was a huge win. They only got the TA passed because they threw a benny to the older folks who were retiring, something that violates the ALPA handbook. Those in the MEC back then should be ashamed of themselves. They kept talking doom and gloom and couldn't, if not refused, to see the tea leaves about where the industry was headed in just a few months. The MEC Chairman scared everybody with his last minute email about what would happen if we voted no. Then you add in the lies and spin the Negotiating Committee were saying at the road shows and that is how we ended up where we are. That is why ALPA was rightfully sued.

We can't let this happen again. Our MEC must be unified during the negotiating process unlike in 2015 when they were fighting with each other. They failed us. Everyone in the MEC then should have been fired. You get fired when you do a bad job.

Personally, I think the lawyers we've had on the books need to be fired -- all of them. They've gotten fat and lazy. Not kidding, I have called several times to ask a contract question and they turned out to be wrong and it was the company that told me the truth. Sad.

Don't let FedEx ALPA sell us another bad TA. Get involved. Read with skepticism what they are saying. Try to what if the proposals. Try to hear the spin. Demand clear, concise contract language with examples in writing so the company can't come back and say "That's not what we intended."

The main reason why I left a major to come to this company was for the A-plan. If we vote that away, we will be the dumbest employee group in the history of modern labor. And if we do, FedEx recruitment will forever change over night. Don't doubt me. The word is out that we are a weak employee group and we keep giving up gains when our company is thriving. Sad.
Lmao. We will never ever, never, never, ever be released to strike. We can take all the votes you want.
Further, we had guys lapping up open time and draft two years plus after the amenable date of every contract in the last 20 years.