View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 05:53 PM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Default Dallas Morning News SWA article?

Originally Posted by flyguy81 View Post
You make it a temporary LOA. Lasts for 4-6 months then back to the status quo. Why would someone who flies their line be willing to give up pay so someone else can still work 24 days a month? I’ll gladly give up credit over 110 so someone else can get a paycheck. I won’t give up guarantee when there’s no OT restrictions. More trips in open time, more bodies needed.

F9 and NK are running 0 hr lines to keep people from losing health insurance. They have the ability to pick up open time to get a paycheck. Would you be willing to not pick up OT like crazy so someone junior could actually get paid? I would. I planned my budget on guarantee. Want me to redo it? Everyone is gonna feel the pinch too then.

You aren't saving a nickel by limiting max credit. Someone has to fly those trips. They aren't going to be flown by robots.
Right now you have some who bid and fly their min guarantee line with a fat LG bar. This is the company giving them (and the max flyers) free money. That LG bar is costing them big and that's what they will go after, not for the trips to be more evenly spread among the group.
Limiting max credit is something pilot groups do to force the company to hire more.