View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 02:03 PM
echelon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by Cruz5350 View Post
How is that even a remotely close analogy.... I mean I guess they're both businesses. Everyone here myself included to an extent was complaining about how we weren't growing and capturing all these supposed new markets and now look where we're at. Doesn't seem like it was an all bad decision, sure some will say that AS drags their feet but maybe not rushing to do what the rest of the market is doing isn't a bad thing. This company isn't perfect and things could certainly be better but can someone tell me which is the perfect airline to work for cause I have a lot of friends who thought somewhere else was the answer and everyone of them has gotten a WARN letter and I'd hate to see it actually turn into a furlough.
Thanks for saying that.

Nothing will make me forget how inflexible and unproductive our schedules are. Nothing will make our complete lack of scope worry me any less. And I won't soon forgive the laundry list of broken promises by this management, clear lack of regard for pilots' lives WRT base closures and bids, etc. All of those things will always directly affect pilots in tangible ways.

But running a company and keeping it in business is above all of our paygrades. Especially in light of recent circumstances, now might be a great time for pilots to shut the hell up for a while and stop pretending they know more about business, marketing, route planning, ticket pricing, etc than the people who are paid to make those decisions.

NOT saying stop advocating for our collective interests. I'm just sick of the backseat driving.