View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 03:58 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Seneca Pilot View Post
I agree with you until the argument was put to them that this is cheaper.

Some easy math because I am not smart. A five percent assessment for the duration of the furlough. Say 200 per hour for round numbers with 72 hour guarantee. 14,400 at 5% is 720.00. An eight hour guarantee cut for furlough mitigation is 1600 so we're saving 880 and no mitigation that ends up being the gift that keeps on giving. According to the math earlier in the thread the furloughed pilots would get around 40K per year. Most of us pilots are good looking enough with enough skills and personality to score at least 30-35K at a job during the furlough. So by my math we have furloughed pilots able to pay bills and survive during the furlough.

Senior pilots saving money over the concessions we almost always seem to accept. And a contract left intact so the furloughees coming back don't have to spend a decade getting money and QOL back. Also keep in mind that the airline understands its expensive to furlough and if the pilot group is firm and standing up for itself and the furlough candidates aren't scared for their lives the furloughs will be only what's needed to survive and not a union busting tool for managements.
Almost everyone posts about a contract left intact. The ask has been a ALV reduction. It corrects itself and can be time limited. Someone yesterday posted the max flight hours the last few contracts have allowed. The company always wants the highest ALV available.