View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Vsop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: 737 A

Thanks to all of your feedback I've altered the idea slightly.

The proposal is as follows:

A monthly assessment not to exceed 3.5% of pilot pay for every non furloughed Delta pilot. This would fund the Furlough Emergency and Disaster Relief (FEDR). The assessment would be required to maintain the FEDR to a level equal to: (furloughed pilots who have not bypassed recall) x $3,300.

That $3,300/mo equates to $39,600 annually. That the furloughed pilots would have to apply to receive, and it appears the aide would come in the form of a tax free no interest loan.

If the company files any form of bankruptcy, this terminates. When all pilots are recalled, it terminates. This would need MEMRAT now, and in 1 year to continue.

I think this proposal solves most of the issues discussed. It would require all pilots to participate. The recipients would need to ask for the assistance. Lastly the aide would be in the form of a loan.

To sum up my thoughts: I'm not sure what the best way forward is for our pilot group. I do think this is a viable option worth consideration along with our other options of an LOA to prevent furloughs, and not requiring all pilots to provide anymore furlough assistance.

If you have a strong opinion on any of this or another option, now is the time to contact your reps.
Thank you again to you all for providing so much constructive feedback.