View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 08:46 AM
HulkaBurger
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2017

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
I believe customers will be more willing to try a new brand that promises to be nice to them, yes. It's all recovery dependent, of course. But smaller and more nimble is a huge competive advantage for next year if the recovery happens fast. Breeze will launch right before a hopefully decent summer. The legacies have all made their educated guesses for next summer, if they're right, they'll be adequately staffed, if they go into an understaffed situation with furloughed pilots, they will be forced to give up market share and that's where breeze will have an open hunting season. Remember breeze was modeled to be the "forgotten" airport airline, so now they have that plus big airport opportunities.. I think the odds are very favorable to them to be a big success.
They're not competing with legacies. Their entire business plan is more along the lines of the ULCCs and the secondary airports a la Allegiant. Who, along with SWA, are more than ready to be nimble. I'm quite sure their "hunting season" isn't going to be nearly as open as you think (or hope).