View Single Post
Old 10-03-2020, 12:25 PM
germanaviator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Bizjet Captain

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
Oh, and by the way, he is also taking zinc and vitamin D, two things the vaccine only crowd refuse to admit are beneficial.
Who are the vaccine only crowd? Haven't met them. The world isn't black or white. Just because a vaccine would be a good thing doesn't mean that supplements may not help. To be honest I don't know but I do take zinc, C and D regularly during flu season. If it helps against COVID even better. I'm not aware of any studies that prove this. Happy to learn, though.

With regards to the POTUS: I do wish him a full recovery but I also think that he deserves to have caught the virus given his attitude towards masks and social distancing. I think it would be helpful if he had more than just mild symptoms as that would just re-inforce the false message that it's just the flu. Yes, it can be similar to the flu and the flu also kills a lot of older an at risk patients every year but the two are most certainly not the same. COVID is also still quite poorly understood. Boris Johnson certainly changed his tune after his ICU stay with COVID.

Of course Trump gets the best treatment available on the planet, including some experimental treatment that nobody else outside of trials has had access to and I'm sure he will be fine but not everyone has access to that level of medical care, especially in the US of A.

At least in Sweden (for example) you know that if you get it your salary will be paid and your health care will be "free".

[MOD EDIT]

Last edited by rickair7777; 10-03-2020 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Partisan Politics