View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Seneca Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by ny797 View Post
Alright Captain Chaos, read a little about what I wrote before you lose it. I simply said if another pilot requests you wear one then its common courtesy to comply, especially given the unprecedented times we're currently in. I never said anything about forcing my own mask policy. I did, however, say that I prefer to go maskless - but I'm just one of 15,000 pilots...So no need for me to come out of my bunker although you certainly sound like a tin-foil cap wearing doomsday prepper who worries every day about the government coming after all their freedoms!!

Its not the topic of this conversation, but governments do come after all your freedoms. Its what governments do. Our founders were clever enough to stall the inevitable for a very long time but rest assured history tells us governments all eventually erode the freedoms of their citizens. It is our job to resist that erosion as stringently as is necessary to remain free. If you think governments act in the best interests of their citizens and not in the best interests of the government you don't understand history.

It has nothing to do with tin foil hats or conspiracy theories. It is the nature of bureaucracy to always seek more power. Our government is now spending 20% of GDP annually. The first 150 years of our country's history the average was 3%. Our corresponding loss of freedoms and increase in taxation and social planning since 1925 has been staggering. We lose a little more freedom every day, especially during times of "crisis" like our current situation.