View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Thedude86
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by All Bizniz View Post
That was my point. If you have comorbidities and Corona hastens your demise, then it should be considered a Covid related death. (I'm not talking about murders, car accidents, etc)

My aunt was a nurse in 2 nursing home for 40 years and retired December 2019. I just spoke with her. She told me the great majority of patients in nursing homes are actually in there for years.

There's a wide range of age, and medical reasons why people are put in nursing homes, but the majority are certainly not dying. Many are put there because family members are unable or unwilling to deal with the issues related to their care.

Again, I am not sure where you're getting your data from, but I doubt the majority of the 215,000 US Covid-19 deaths occurred in nursing homes. Yes, the majority of Covid deaths were of people with underlying conditions, but nursing home residents are merely a subset of our country's general population, and because they are in a concentrated setting, their deaths as a percentage of their population subset would no doubt be alarming.

​​​​​As for your supposed 25% mis-clasiification of Corona deaths... What's the point you're trying to make? Are you saying there's a conspiracy to inflate the number of deaths for some nefarious reason, or are you just highlighting the broken state of our healthcare system, or what?
I think it’s pretty common knowledge even on CNN that a big chunk of covid deaths are from nursing homes. Look at the stats I posted earlier straight from the CDC. If you’re younger than 70 you have a greater chance of dying from about 15 other causes before you die from Covid.

My “supposed” (as you claim) 25% mis-classification of covid deaths are directly from the “experts” and state health officials. They’re not from some third party conspiracy theorist journalist. The only way you can actually believe all 215k deaths are legit is to totally disregard what our experts and public health officials are telling us.

For you to believe all 215k covid deaths are legit then you literally have to assume that our public health officials are lying to us as to how they count covid deaths.

You have 2 options. Either our public health officials are lying to us as to how they count covid deaths and the 215k covid deaths are all legit. Orrrr, our public health officials are telling us the truth about how they count covid deaths and the 215k covid deaths are way inflated. Which is it? Dr. Birx agrees they’re way over inflated and she’s one of the “experts” we’re supposed to listen to. Are you saying she’s lying?