View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 11:25 PM
20Fathoms
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2019

I’m leaning yes on 20-04. Maybe it’s because the holidays are approaching and with the chance to save furloughs from the street I don’t need to be any more like Jacob Marley and Scrooge than usual . But I am a little surprised at how cavalier the hard yes people are in dismissing those with concerns about the LOA.

The prevailing attitude seems to be “ It’s simple. It’s a huge win for us, if you’re inconvenienced by the TLV cut just white or green slip it up and quit whining”. Well it’s not quite that simple for everyone. I’ve had a blanket greenslip in for the last two years and haven’t gotten a single one. I bid reserve so I have no ability to white slip. Even if I did bid a line, the open time is pretty slim in my category. Correct me if I’m wrong (happens often) but lowering the TLV floor is a pretty straight pay cut for reservists no? By my back of the scotch napkin math I think I’ll lose about 8k next year..... Might just be worth it to save the furloughs and for the lowering of the TLV ceiling later but I don’t think the dismissive attitude of “just pick up an extra trip of two” is putting our best foot forward. Just my 2 cents.