View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 02:57 AM
hockeypilot44
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008

Originally Posted by Wolf424 View Post
As one of the 1,7xx, I couldn’t care less about the little bit of extra money. I think I speak for most of us...we just want some finality.

As far as my opinion on the 30hrs...I can say I wasn’t expecting it. Didn’t think there was any way the NC would come up with something palatable enough to appease the collective group.

I think they did a fantastic job of coming up with something that gets us some QoL enhancements while keeping a contract worth coming back to, and at the same time, helps pilots like me make ends meet. Honestly, that’s what this does. Between the 30 hours and whatever work I can find, I can pay my bills without amassing debt, and still have some presents under the tree next month for the kids. For that, I will be beyond grateful should 20-04 pass.

Trust me when I say, I’ll be a much happier Widget when I finally do come back, something I think the company realized in making this deal. Hats off to the NC.
I'm voting for it. This is only my second yes vote. The first was our current PWA. The retro check was too much to pass up. I don't believe in job sharing, but I'm also burnt out from the last couple years. I'm good with flying 75 hours going forward. The fact that it gives would-be furloughed pilots 30 hours and let's them keep benefits is an added bonus.

if I'm voting yes, I'm guessing this passes easily.