View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 03:16 PM
Gone Flying
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: UNA

Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
That’s too much credit. No way they manage to train 1713 pilots in one year and/or one AE. There will be multiple AEs posted, slightly less awarded, a few cancellations, and multiple grievances. At that point, someone will look back and realize the savings of the UNA/Affected program was $-10 million over 1.5 years and call it a complete success. Management bonuses all around!

#240!
we were supposed to hire 1300 this year. That’s 1300 people who all would have had to go through full Indoc and full AC qual in 1 year. we also had 10 fleets at the beginning of this year. We were told in indoc that was not our max training capacity. Now we have 2 fewer fleets, and no indoc to worry about. 1700 people, some of whom will be returning to a fleet they were previously qualified on in one MOAB seems feasible to me. It’s a daunting task but I think if they want it done they could do it in 1 giant bid

EDIT to add to this, since all 1713 will have no seat lock, if they do smaller bids they would destroy the A220 fleet since that training program is the bottleneck right now. No seat lock and most people returning from affected pilot status wanting out of NYC/SLC, I don’t think they can afford not to do it in 1 or 2 large bids