Thread: Any "Latest and Greatest" about Spirit.

69fastback , 11-18-2020 08:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off
69fastback
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2018
Quote: I’m not trying to prove anything by posting that I think that first year pay ought to be greater - that it ought to be an easier transition for people that Spirit might want to hire, I’m stating an OPINION. Whether I’m right or wrong is essentially unprovable. It’s an ‘n of one’ experiment with zero degrees of freedom which means it can never be statistically proven one way or another.

But neither is it an UNREASONABLE opinion. It is demonstrably not unreasonable, because there are a number of other major airlines and nearly half of them have a significantly lower discrepancy between first and second year rates than do the others. I’m not saying, for example, that the company 401k options all ought to be invested in Bolivian tin futures.

Conversely, it isn’t an UNREASONABLE opinion for people to believe that it’s OK to have that big a discrepancy either, because the OTHER half does pretty much like Spirit does - perhaps absent the training pay. And those who believe that’s the way to go are ENTITLED to their opinions no less than I am ENTITLED to mine.

Clearly I haven’t convinced them, but they just as clearly haven’t convinced me, and I’m not going to be belittled or insulted or demeaned into lying about it. They are entitled to their opinion and I’m entitled to mine and the difference - as both sides have admitted - is fairly trivial over the course of a career and in comparison to other things in the contract.

You are ENTITLED to your opinion but I’m also ENTITLED to mine on what is essentially a philosophical argument that neither if us can prove, but I’m not going to lie and tell you you’ve convinced me just to shut you no matter what you say. So unless you come up with an argument that does convince me, that isn’t going to happen - not if the best you can do is getting butthurt that I don’t kowtow to your greater wisdom and throw insults. That ain’t wisdom, that’s just intolerance.

Usually when people express an opinion, they do just that and leave it, rather than continue to tell everyone else why their opinion is wrong, with a repetitive thesis. It’s your opinion, and everyone gets that. You seem to be the one who continues to tell every other person why they’re wrong.