View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 12:37 PM
Seneca Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Merle Haggard View Post
My intent was to point out the cherry picking of the drivers license as validation that states are the only legitimate regulatory authority.

Your FAA certificates.
Your mortgage lender.
Your food.

I could go on ad infinitum. If you can't understand a point with a tiny bit of nuance I can't help you.

There are state matters and there are Federal matters. Federal ones like mortgage laws and food standards deal with civil rights and protections for products that cross state lines. The residents of a state get their license from that state. The vaccine laws will be state and locally administered just like the licensing of drivers. The constitution does not provide for a national vaccine mandate. That will be up to the individual states. Texas may not adopt the same rules as New York. I would assume that is why Texans live choose to live there. There are many state Governors that are facing serious push back from citizens due to nonsense curfews, lockdowns, and mandates that are not enforceable and do not help the situation.

You may believe that you need a mask all day, everywhere. You may want a vaccine, You may think there is a need for lockdowns and curfews. You can't force that belief on anyone else or you will face push back. Remember, less than two hundredth's of the world population has died from Covid. The numbers are only going down relative to the growth in population and birth rate. Right up there with auto deaths each year. Shockingly dangerous but you still drive. Guess that State driver's license is not so great after all, why not call for a national driver's license so we can fix the problem because our government is so efficient and effective.