View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 08:51 AM
DALMD88FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: A330 First Officer

Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
Seems to me a pretty good deal. I never expected them to bump paying passengers for a PS commuter. I did expect them to block paying passengers who haven’t booked at the time the PS commute listing is made. The other solid part of the deal is when you book that PS commute you retain that seat even if 18 nonrevs with a more senior date of hire show up to bump you from the space available seat you were planning on occupying. Is it perfect? No. The company picking me up at home and driving me to a private airport where I can avoid TSA to get on a private jet to fly to base would be perfect. While I wait on that, this seems pretty solid.
I don't think they will bump a paying passenger, although I keep getting different answers depending on the rep I talk to. This is from the Negotiators notepad 20-14:

Posive Space Commung Posive Space Commung begins today. Pilots are now permied to book posive space using the “Company Business” booking tool found on TravelNet under the same terms as travel to/from training, both to AND from their work assignment. Pilots experiencing difficulty in lisng for a flight should contact Pilot Assist, and if sales are available, they will assist you in booking.
In the past that meant only M class seats on the aircraft not if there were any seats available.