View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 10:49 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
It sounds like you have legitimate reasons but many are definitely politicizing it to fit their agendas. One person of power did something now or months ago and so everything is BS?
There's an always an idiot or two, I understand people enough to tune out the static. But this has been a steady parade, which has led me to believe that some of these don't actually believe a word of what they're telling the rest of us.

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
I too am frustrated that politicians may say one thing and do another however I’m not using that as ammo to say that masks don’t work, health mandates are not necessary and it’s all BS. What we need to do is to do our part, do what’s right not what’s convenient, to end this pandemic. Nobody knows the best way to handle this, it’s all just experiments on the part of the officials and what they’re choosing is the most conservative experiment so that lives are saved at the expense of people having a really tough time. Opening it up just gives it a false sense of well being and the cost will be much worse.
Yes, it is an experiment but it's a very expensive experiment.

I suppose I'm OK with more restrictions ON THE ASSUMPTION that there's an end in sight a few months down the road. If the vaccines don't work, or aren't safe, or nobody takes them, then this will all need to end regardless and people make their own choices. We CANNOT stay on lockdown indefinitely, if you think the economy is bad now wait and see what it looks like a year from now. Major economic sectors are running on momentum, savings, and hope (including us) but it's not sustainable. How is big government going to fix THAT? Nationalize everything and make us all vassal employees of the State? That will get you an insurrection or maybe even a civil war.