View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 05:23 PM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by GateAgent007 View Post
We've had mixed signals from day 1. Our Insubordinate-in-Chief has been undermining mitigation from the start, and it's had tragic consequences. Whether you personally feel like they've overreached isn't science, either.

The fact is that we're losing 2,000+ a day for the next 60 days and COVID is the leading cause of death in America. Rome is burning. Sorry grocery stores have one-way aisles. You'll have to suck it up.
I’ve never been worried about ‘sucking it up.’ I’ve probably spent as much time in MOPP gear as most people have spent in masks, just on exercises. I’m concerned about what ACTUALLY WORKS. The fact that you have 74% refusing to even cooperate with contact tracers is proof positive that US government AT ALL LEVELS has lost credibility. Whether you blame that on GW, Obama, or the Cheeto-in-Chief really doesn’t matter. The fact of the matter is that government - at every level - spent all its credibility early on. It now has little left to influence events.

Right now the Pres-elect is calling for 100 days of mask wearing:

Biden Says He’ll Ask All Americans to Wear Masks for 100 Days

By
Gregory Korte
and
Jordan FabianDecember 3, 2020, 2:54 PM PST Updated on December 3, 2020, 3:48 PM PSTPresident-elect Joe Biden said he would ask all Americans to wear a mask to prevent the spread of the coronavirus for the first 100 days of his administration as well as issue a “standing order” requiring face coverings in federal buildings and interstate transportation.

In an interview with CNN on Thursday, Biden also said that he had spoken to Dr. Anthony Fauci and asked him to stay on as the government’s top infectious disease expert.

Do you truly think that’s many people are going to do that? When three quarters of them won’t even cooperate with contact tracers who have contacted them individually?

I think you’d have a better chance of bringing back Prohibition.

And Fauci? He’s been in there since the Reagan administration. Since 1984. He’s long since spent his credibility.