View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 11:00 AM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
I disagree. It shows perspective pilots what it could look like when times are tougher, and how different managerial teams approach labor. This thread has as much or more value this year than ever before. Let the haters hate, I always find value in this thread. For some, it’s great to see what can be achieved, even if it is a bit of a carrot. Like everything, take it for what it’s worth.
I agree with this.

It could also be said, for those that are still working and not under say the UA/DL LOA’s what one can make REALISTICALLY.

The few years, between SRM, (insert color of the rainbow here) slip, or whatever verbiage is used at whatever carrier has almost crests artificial/inflated numbers that can almost make the comparisons, well, not comparable.

I heard some friends that were in the beginning of the COVID able to take advantage of trip mods and disruptions and occasionally double dip.

But again, for those that are basically getting min guaranty (or close to it) X hourly rate, this year will represent what one should expect to make in this career REALISTICALLY for the equipment, seat, carrier, and what have you.

NOT the million dollar A350 DAL CA, NOT the 6 figure month SWA CA, not the 500k/yr FO, etc etc etc..

Originally Posted by Grumpyaviator View Post
Don’t forget how many houses you own, the length of the boat/RV, seats and horsepower of the new plane, number of exes, and kids in Ivy League schools.

...you know, all the things you tell the other pilot in flight when they pretend they’re listening.
Nope, it’s all about the Miatas nowadays. And how many Miatas per girlfriend.