View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 03:36 PM
CincoDeMayo
That/It/Thang

Joined APC: Aug 2020

Originally Posted by Pilsung View Post
^^^this^^^
Sorry to break it to you, I think you’re a CFI and who this thread is “intended” to be for.

But to use this as a benchmark as for when “times get tough” and how different “airlines view labor” is simply a fools errand.

If you think looking at salaries and think “oh ok, when I’m at a major and a pandemic hits, I’ll make $150k still,” wrong.

The example in 2001 was furlough and massive hits to contracts.

The example in 2008 was furlough and contract hits.

Today it’s reduced lines, some furloughs, early outs, lower guarantee. Will a contract be tested, causing others to be tested? Jury is out

So you think, or expect, the next downturn to be like today or 2008? 2001? If so, how does that alter your career path now? Does someone say they will make $250k in 2020 help your career decision when not taken into the proper context?

The history of this industry shows that downturns will always happen and it usually sets contracts and wages back. That’s all you need to know, not that a guy at FedEx like to short stroke his W2 for others. The fact this guy starts a thread with “it’s been a rough year for some....” and then goes and posts his wages 5 posts later, like he couldn’t resist.

I say this with peace and love, peace and love