Thread: Should I leave?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 05:53 AM
jaxsurf
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Firefighterpilo View Post
I think a lot of pilots don’t realize there are a lot of good paying jobs out there that don’t require working in an office and dealing with those politics. With my degree and experience as an airline pilot I was able to find a great paying job very similar to aviation schedules. I also get to work with great guys, it’s very exciting, I genuinely help people and I never have to take my work home with me. All I knew was aviation growing up and thought that was the only thing that would make me happy. I was beyond pleased to find a good paying career I love that fulfills me and involves zero desk time.
Not throwing shade, I think it's great that you found something like that (and I'm jealous, except for the aviation schedules part, being away from home is the worst aspect for me), but I am curious how hard it is on the body.

There are some good jobs out that that have nice schedules that I'm just not interested in because they destroy your body, which I'm not super interested in after being in the military.