Thread: Stimulus Bill2
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 01:04 PM
170driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: E170 CA/LCA

Originally Posted by DenverPilot8 View Post
There is no doubt that a larger discussion could be had on ear marks and inclusions in bills to be sure. But Trumps problem isn't just with the stimulus not being enough (which I agree with). He seems to incorrectly have a problem with the government spending bill items that have nothing to do with the Covid relief bill. Basically only the countries that he doesn't like or S-Hole countries as it were in his mind. It could definitely be argued that giving Cambodia 25 million is more than worth it if it were a rebuke to Chinese influence in that county as one example. Not to mention that 25 million is absolute pennies for the US government in the larger context. Remember that democrats wanted MORE money to the tune of 3 trillion more in stimulus to include $2000 for people AND the extension of the $600 unemployment boost. The so called "pork" that people had a problem with were things like money for States and local governments who serve ALL citizens in their states. Back in May and even now have said they are more than willing to write in the $2000 that Trump wants. But yes i can definitely agree that $600 after months and months of gridlock is absolutely pathetic. I do think that he will be overridden on this one. House votes on Monday and Senate on Tuesday. We will see what happens.

That’s the override for the defense bill. This will unfortunately be a pocket veto if he doesn’t sign the bill and it will be trashed because the new congress begins 1/3/2021, starting the whole process again. Thousands of gov employees will be furloughed and millions will have no unemployment and possibly homeless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro