View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 11:02 AM
CORROSIONCORNER
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2020
Position: C550 Left

Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
WA has been trying to get 737s for a long time I guess purchasing the MA certificate is their way around it. Years ago they bought orange air and acquired their 1 or 2 md80s. So they dismantled that op, not sure what the true intention of MA is, maybe they’ll absorb it and become it. Sadly I don’t think it’ll be the same.
Below Article from the Miami Herald.
This is the point I was trying to make. This guy ALAN BOYER, mentioned in the article, is supposed to be the new CEO of either one, or both companies.

Airplane engine service and repair businesses in Medley and Doral paid $541,026 in earned back pay after an investigation, the U.S. Department of Labor announced Tuesday.

Medley’s Turbine Engine Center paid $299,625 to 76 workers, $3,942.43 per employee. Doral-based Miami NDT Engine Services paid $241,401 to 58 workers, $4,162.09 per employee. State records say both companies are run by Alan Boyer and Paul Pickett.

Labor said its Wage and Hour Division investigators found the companies violated the Fair Labor Standards Act “when they both missed payroll, resulting in minimum wage and overtime violations