Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2020, 08:04 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
MNPS 50N50W's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2010
Posts: 167
Default Miami air international

Heard that MAI is back. In the process of recertification, 3 738's on the ramp before the end of this month.
Does anyone have any info on hiring new crews, or is the recalls sufficient.
What about pay, and Benefits, under their new management.
What kind of business are they pursuing? Sports, ICE, sub services for other airlines.
Any info would be helpful for people looking for a job
MNPS 50N50W is offline  
Old 10-25-2020, 05:27 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 5,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNPS 50N50W View Post
Heard that MAI is back. In the process of recertification, 3 738's on the ramp before the end of this month.
Does anyone have any info on hiring new crews, or is the recalls sufficient.
What about pay, and Benefits, under their new management.
What kind of business are they pursuing? Sports, ICE, sub services for other airlines.
Any info would be helpful for people looking for a job
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...with-new-owner
captjns is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 02:58 AM   #3  
All is fine at .79
 
TiredSoul's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot
Posts: 2,608
Default

My contact says initial restart with one (1) airplane.
i think laid off employees would be the first ones to be rehired.
TiredSoul is offline  
Old 11-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Braniff DC8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Posts: 949
Angry Have a hard think about Miami Air

They are owned by World Atlantic now. The unions were abolished and employees are still owed monies. It could not possibly get any worse. If this is your cup of tea, then be my guest but, you have no idea what you'd be getting into. Did you actually say pay and benefits???
Braniff DC8 is offline  
Old 11-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
hoover's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: cpt 737
Posts: 1,100
Default

Is world Atlantic only doing ICE flight? Did they buy Miami air to get some 737 and get out of the limited md 80?
hoover is offline  
Old 01-04-2021, 04:28 AM   #6  
On Reserve
 
CORROSIONCORNER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2020
Position: C550 Left
Posts: 10
Default A big welcome to these guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoover View Post
Is world Atlantic only doing ICE flight? Did they buy Miami air to get some 737 and get out of the limited md 80?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/business/article247107602.html.

Welcome to my neck of the woods. We love these guys here. Did at least one of them buy World Atlantic Airlines, or both Airlines.
CORROSIONCORNER is offline  
Old 01-04-2021, 05:10 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
mexipilot84's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Gear Handle supervisor
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORROSIONCORNER View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.miamiherald.com/news/business/article247107602.html.

Welcome to my neck of the woods. We love these guys here. Did at least one of them buy World Atlantic Airlines, or both Airlines.

WA has been trying to get 737s for a long time I guess purchasing the MA certificate is their way around it. Years ago they bought orange air and acquired their 1 or 2 md80s. So they dismantled that op, not sure what the true intention of MA is, maybe they’ll absorb it and become it. Sadly I don’t think it’ll be the same.
mexipilot84 is offline  
Old 01-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #8  
On Reserve
 
CORROSIONCORNER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2020
Position: C550 Left
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
WA has been trying to get 737s for a long time I guess purchasing the MA certificate is their way around it. Years ago they bought orange air and acquired their 1 or 2 md80s. So they dismantled that op, not sure what the true intention of MA is, maybe they’ll absorb it and become it. Sadly I don’t think it’ll be the same.
Below Article from the Miami Herald.
This is the point I was trying to make. This guy ALAN BOYER, mentioned in the article, is supposed to be the new CEO of either one, or both companies.

Airplane engine service and repair businesses in Medley and Doral paid $541,026 in earned back pay after an investigation, the U.S. Department of Labor announced Tuesday.

Medley’s Turbine Engine Center paid $299,625 to 76 workers, $3,942.43 per employee. Doral-based Miami NDT Engine Services paid $241,401 to 58 workers, $4,162.09 per employee. State records say both companies are run by Alan Boyer and Paul Pickett.

Labor said its Wage and Hour Division investigators found the companies violated the Fair Labor Standards Act “when they both missed payroll, resulting in minimum wage and overtime violations
CORROSIONCORNER is offline  
Old 01-07-2021, 05:14 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jonnyjetprop's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,401
Default

World Atlantic ended up not buying Orange Air. Orange Air then failed and the certificate was surrendered to the FAA in April 2017. The owner of WA did paint a MD-82 (ex-AA) in OA colors but it never was conformed and never flew under Orange Air’s certificate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexipilot84 View Post
WA has been trying to get 737s for a long time I guess purchasing the MA certificate is their way around it. Years ago they bought orange air and acquired their 1 or 2 md80s. So they dismantled that op, not sure what the true intention of MA is, maybe they’ll absorb it and become it. Sadly I don’t think it’ll be the same.
jonnyjetprop is offline  
Old 01-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Braniff DC8's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: L188
Posts: 949
Default Still Not

Biscayne is still NOT flying again.
Braniff DC8 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SkyWest ?’s peepz SkyWest 1860 Yesterday 04:20 PM
Miami Air International classes Slatsnflaps Hiring News 0 06-18-2013 02:47 PM
DAL to replace 100 757's with 739's FastDEW Major 201 09-03-2011 06:42 AM
Abandoning Ship At Air India vagabond Foreign 9 07-05-2011 06:09 AM
Pilots, Air Canada book dates to negotiate wage re-opener flystraightin Major 4 05-31-2006 06:31 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:21 AM.