Gets Weekends Off
FlexNinja
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Apr 2015
  • Position
    CRJ CA
Quote: A few years ago I questioned our hiring practices as I came across some FOs who I thought didn’t meet the FedEx pilot standard. Some had attitude problems, some had deficiencies in 121 aviation knowledge or hand flying issues.

This peak I flew with mostly new hires — many with just a month or two experience out of ITU. I am impressed. Everyone of the new hires have been fantastic. I’ve been pleasantly surprised and realize that the company is now hiring solid individuals — many with more Part 121 experience than I have. This is a testament to their hard work at getting to FedEx and our new hiring system which allows FedEx pilots to have a say in our replacements.

Thats awesome! It would appear that to be the truth, since we are seeing such a varying degree of pilots hired today, than say a year ago. As we all know, there are pilots out there with very little flight time who are awesome and 10k hour asshats. The pilot pool is a likely bell curve, so thats good to hear that they are driving to get a certain type of professional. I hope they build and awesome pilot group for me to join one day!