View Single Post
Old 01-17-2021, 12:04 PM
chucknorris
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by Mesabah View Post
New York has a massive vaccine distribution infrastructure, Cuomo hasn't activated it yet, and plans not to. He's been using Covid as a personal political weapon from the beginning, and needs to be recalled.
I don’t like Cuomo, but to be fair they have started massive distribution in stadiums and convention centers. I got mine at the Javitts center and it was very easy. I just don’t think you enact draconian fines that force practitioners to throw away doses rather then use them. Their current system especially at the javits which is an on demand system where they only thaw the doses a couple minutes before use is working, and the NY appointment system was great. They even had airline style check in desks as you leave to schedule your second dose.

I was in and out in 25 minutes including a 15 minute observation period. Currently they are doing 150 an hour at this facility, but it looks like they could scale it to 500+ an hour. The national guard was running it, they were awesome and efficient.