View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 12:39 PM
poopplop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: ERJ

Originally Posted by Gone Flying View Post
there is a huge difference between having some of your regional feed outsourced with limits on how many jets and how many seats vs outsourcing wide bodies flown with your paint job. I agree with other posters that our anger should be geared at any carrier that uses alter ego airlines.
I disagree. If you don't think "American Eagle" is alter ego, then you've been successfully brainwashed or are playing dumb for your narrative. In the end you're still selling jobs. The only difference is certain people were allowed to keep the best jobs/pay/benefits for themselves. But once those people are threatened by similar outsourcing practices, suddenly it's wrong and every pilot should be united against it...
Originally Posted by Gone Flying View Post
I’d be happy to bring all flying to mainline as would most mainline pilots, however the companies were able to get the RJs outsourced in BK and unfortunately for us, there is not much that can be done to get them back in house. I think Rick is right that most current pilots have zero interest in giving up scope further, but getting the genie back in the bottle on this one is gonna be next to impossible
I'm not saying it wouldn't be difficult. But "dug my heels PRETTY HARD on scope" literally means nothing. There is no justification for self praise while accepting the contractor-subsidized profit-sharing check. There is no reason to take moral high ground over Norwegian while mainline jobs are sold to contractors with subpar wages/benefits here at home.