View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 01:07 PM
Phins2right
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: Gummed

Originally Posted by duvie View Post
I can lean/empathize libertarian, but when it comes to communicable diseases that start to approach a fatality rate of 1% for many members of the traveling public, I don’t think the concept of mandatory vaccination is unreasonable.

if you want to recreate Walden Pond and go the off-the-grid route, I’m jealous. But living/working in close proximity to thousands if not millions of people necessitates giving up some freedoms (aka a “social contract”).
What does FAA aeromed say about adverse reactions for pilots? How are you to be returned to status?

FAs, gate agents etc don't have to pass a medical every 6/12 months. Pilots do. We have to disclose our medical condition to include any visits to health professionals no matter the reason. Not so easy.

The vax is not to control spread. It is to lesson the effect once you get it. Nothing more. If masked worked, then why the push for the shot?

there's a waiver for everything. my guess is that pilots get waivered on the shot and can pass into countries no problem.

As for me I'm VEOP at DAL So don't have to worry about it. We had to get Yellow fever there. Then again I had that shot twice in the military (once every 10 years) it is a well known and well tested vax. This one --- Good luck!

A true faustian position - million dollar career or potential life time health issues for a bug that is less than .02% lethal for those under 65.