View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 02:13 PM
2StgTurbine
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2010

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
You need to look at the facts, as they're out there. 99% of the COVID deaths (that aren't people dying of other things and being pronounced as COVID) are over the age of 50.
According to the CDC, 2.7% of the deaths were under 54. More interesting is that COVID accounts for 4% of all causes of death for those under 54.

The vaccine (all brands lumped together) has an 86x higher rate of fatal reactions than influenza.
That is a very bold claim that I could not find a reference for at all. I am not aware of any deaths due to the vaccines the US is using.

60% of all health care workers are either hesitant or refusing to get the vaccine.
In an NPR poll, half of that 60% didn't really refuse it. They either were not aware that they qualified (like psychologists who contract with hospitals but are only seeing patients over zoom) or they thought that since they weren't working directly with COVID patients, they didn't want to waste a vaccine and would rather it go to someone who REALLY needed it. And my AME thinks COVID is a biological weapon made by China and Bill Gates is behind the vaccine... so just because a person is in the medical field doesn't mean they are intelligent.

911 calls regarding allergic reactions are up over 500% and climbing since the vaccine started rolling out.
I don't doubt that. Lots of people don't get vaccines as an adult at all, so they aren't even aware that they are allergic. It's easy to get a 500% increase when the baseline value was already low. My wife got an allergic reaction to the yellow fever shot. It was scary at first, but no one in the ER seemed to care. They put her in a bed mainly to make use feel better. After a couple of hours, she was fine. A short term allergic reaction is way better than COVID.

And here's my favorite fact.... THE COVID VACCINE DOESN'T PREVENT YOU GETTING OR SPREADING IT. All it does is lesson the symptoms if and when you do contract it.
It's not that it doesn't prevent transmission, it's just that they didn't control for that specifically in the testing. Since they didn't run the trial long enough to prove it stops transmission, they have to assume the worst-case scenario. Kind of like a CDL limitation for 250 KIAS for a missing access panel. The plane probably could go faster, but they never certified it that way.