Thread: Bm ceo
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 05:35 PM
flysnoopy76
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by ShyGuy View Post
To be fair, furloughs were prevented because we had over 1,000 pilots take EIL (and EO). I'm curious to hear their perspective. We shouldn't silence each others' voices on here.

By Fall most experts are predicting a return to normalcy that won't be entirely 2019 but at least things/places will be open that allows much more commerce and travel. And Fall would mark almost 2 years since Covid19 started. At that point once the vaccines are pretty much taken by anyone who wanted to, why would the wheels come off the wagon?
Your forecast assumes a return to some form of normalcy at least in terms of passenger numbers at Alaska, and maybe that happens. It’s also possible that what we have seen in the past in terms of passenger numbers doesn’t return, in that case there will be furloughs, there might not be a thousand but I think several hundred at least are still very possible.
I haven’t seen any improvement in loads at all since the middle seats became available nor would I expect to have, none of the flights I’ve seen were even close to capacity with the seats that were available.