View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 01:10 PM
poopplop
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: ERJ

Originally Posted by lgaflyer View Post
Getting paid less for flying smaller/less revenue equipment is fine but why are they not on United/Delta/AA seniority? US3 can very well fly E175 or CRJ200 but the pilots ought to be wearing their uniform, badges say United/Delta/AA with ipad/manuals issued by mainlines. And when the time comes, they can simply bid for higher paid equipment
Because it’s a win-win for mainline management/senior pilots. The pilots get subsidized wages and PS checks, while management saves money by resetting earned seniority, and by avoiding the mainline union when negotiating pay/benefits to fly the RJs.

But I’m sure Gone Flying knew this before making that misdirecting post, since he already said mainline would need to take a pay cut to end outsourcing and fly the RJs at market rates with their own pilots…. I'm sure he's smart enough to know the difference between “less pay” and “subpar pay”. But I’m not sure why he avoids mentioning this in all of his attempts to justify "less pay" to fly smaller planes… Perhaps an unwillingness to call it what it is?