View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:56 AM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by shrsailplanes View Post
I was just wondering with all the contractual upgrades coming up if that creates a need to hire. Clearly, that is not the case. I have been waiting for my in person interview since last April. It’s clear now that until NetJets shrinks by @283 pilots, there is no need to hire.

Before Covid, they were hiring pretty steady. I guess priorities have shifted even though business is going well for them.

In my line of work (121 pilot), captains can’t fly right seat unless they are a check airman.
It's really not that big a deal in our world. PIC/PIC pairings happen all the time. I actually prefer it because, in my fleet, if we have a ferry leg, the SIC gets to fly from the left seat (most fleets the SIC flies ONLY from the right--long story). That means shuffling headsets and ipads, adjusting seats, yada yada. Typically, when paired with another PIC, you change seats by the day. Much simpler.

As to future pilot demand, I think they are still waiting to see how many take their signing bonus parting gift and punch out, what happens with the bid re-shuffle that is about to occur, and the economic outlook for the rest of the year before they commit to any hiring. I still think 2022. Sorry, I wish I could be more encouraging.