View Single Post
Old 01-30-2021, 03:33 AM
A145
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Atl320 View Post
Loa 12 was asking if American could spend the night. Loa 13 is asking if we can sleep in the same bed.

They get the benefit of code sharing already. Allowing them to disarm us of our strongest contract section is too much.

What position are we in when AAL goes into CH11 then exits and announces a merger.
how do we argue career expectations, longevity, and category when we have already given them the opportunity to take the most valuable parts? How will that seniority integration go?

Then what leverage will the combined group have for a joint CBA when neither side has any scope to fall back on?

American has a 4:1 debt to equity ratio. They aren’t getting out of it without CH11.

it can all be accomplished before 2027 which would be when they have to unwind it.

Looking at this as job protection for a year ignores the that the downside could be career suicide.
I agree an AA bankruptcy is pretty likely and a merger definitely a possibility and with the latitude judges have in those circumstances I think it’s important to consider how LOA 13 might effect us.

Maybe I’m naive, but I don’t understand how it would change career expectations, longevity, and category. We don’t and maybe won’t do Europe or deep South America and aren’t getting wide bodies either way so how would yes change our career expectations or category when compared to a no?

While we are giving up important sections I scope I don’t agree with (blue city to blue city in particular) it’s not like we’re allowing a JetBlue regional cpa or anything of the like. I don’t like Eagle flying our code but that’s happening either way. I do think doing it blue city to blue city is probably more harmful in that merger scenario.

The term of the agreement and minimal growth requirements are two very good reasons to vote no.