Gets Weekends Off
hyperboy
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2008
  • Position
    B6
Quote: Alright, I recently talked to a rep.
My biggest takeaway was that they are NOT selling this LOA correctly. I mean, look how pretty much all of us have reacted to it, myself included. Even some of us who never agree are in agreement. I read the email, the bullet points, and the LOA. No where in any of it did it provide business reasons why this is good for JetBlue, and thusly, us lowly pilots.
Bottom line from the rep, the business reasons are where to meat of this LOA's worth is at.
Fine. Explain that to us.
Until they do that, and do that convincingly, this won't pass. All any of us see is what we are losing, and all for 2%.
Here's the rub, a lot of the business reasons are under NDA's and therefore there isn't an appropriate way of transmitting that information to the group.
I'm not writing this to sway anyone, or put me down as a yes voter, just passing along what small amount of information I can.
I also got that PS was a complete non-starter despite several reps pushing for it, and it's zero cost to the company.
IMHO..

This is not the job of ALPA to sell. It is the companies. We no nothing about the depth, worth or vision of this joint venture.

Interesting enough lets say there is a merger down the road. And we have given up all international flying out of the focus cities minus the 65% into the Caribbean does that change our CAREER EXPECTATIONS? This is one of the 4 bench marks for the merging of a seniority list and one probably weighted the most.

ORGANIC, CONTRARIAN......F7 and F8 are not for sale!