View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 09:37 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Frankly, filing a PDR would probably get you better info RE: your questions.

For me, its a huge growth incentive that makes me a yes voter. While growth isn't guaranteed, the downside is limited. I think this will get us back to work sooner, upgrade faster and close the MCO E-190 base (kidding riddle).

Look, this is good for us as a company and us as Pilots. We have the opportunity to grow significantly. We are giving temporary relief on 1 or 2 sections of scope. Not the scary kind-- we still do not allow capacity purchase agreements and it is not a joint venture. And if it goes to hell (don't see it) we can back out of the deal (granted at 5 years and 24 months)-- This is important-- the scope relief is still under union control. We aren't ****ing away scope with zero chance to get it back, as some would argue.

Rarely, do we have the opportunity to grow, hire more, and take advantage of the situation. I'm not going to vote no to just vote no.

I think the MEC got this right.
This doesn't prevent RJ's in any way. JB can't hire Envoy, but they can just put their code on nearly unlimited Envoy (or any Eagle) flights, with the only real restrictions being hub to hub and hub to Caribbean.

So there will be LOTS of B6 coded RJs...

E175s are a lot cheaper to operate than E190s and the same is true for E175 pilots. Winning like Charlie Sheen!