View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 10:09 AM
AYLflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
Frankly, filing a PDR would probably get you better info RE: your questions.

For me, its a huge growth incentive that makes me a yes voter. While growth isn't guaranteed, the downside is limited. I think this will get us back to work sooner, upgrade faster and close the MCO E-190 base (kidding riddle).

Look, this is good for us as a company and us as Pilots. We have the opportunity to grow significantly. We are giving temporary relief on 1 or 2 sections of scope. Not the scary kind-- we still do not allow capacity purchase agreements and it is not a joint venture. And if it goes to hell (don't see it) we can back out of the deal (granted at 5 years and 24 months)-- This is important-- the scope relief is still under union control. We aren't ****ing away scope with zero chance to get it back, as some would argue.

Rarely, do we have the opportunity to grow, hire more, and take advantage of the situation. I'm not going to vote no to just vote no.

I think the MEC got this right.

Even if you think growth will occur, why are you in favor of SEVEN years minimum of an agreement?

Look, I'm usually glass half empty when it comes to furlough talks, but the longer this goes on, the more I feel like furlough isn't going to happen.

If they were to furlough, we'd need a 60 day notice, so now we're talking spring/summer at the earliest. While everyone else is trying to jumpstart their operations, we're going to furlough pilots? Vaccines are being spread out to the masses and we're going to furlough? How much will that cost the company? How much will that hinder progress for the company? Furlough now and they're shooting themselves in the foot. The company is talking about starting European flying and hiring people by the end of 2021 and part of our carrot in this TA is furlough protection? To me that's like a dealer offering me VIN etching or pin striping. I don't need it. Then you have the issue that any "gotcha's" that we might have missed are legally binding for 7 years at the minimum.

Just those two things I'm a no vote, and that's before we even talk about relaxing scope.