Thread: Bankruptcy
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 05:41 AM
sanicom3205
Eating A Gruben

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Originally Posted by acecrackshot View Post
I didn’t say it’s a good plan. American has gotten boxed into this reality. You know what? How do you think American got its international network?

I said it’s a possible or potentially likely future. At some point do the economics support three US international carriers? Or, if WN is becoming more of a domestic legacy carrier, four legacies?

Are you suggesting that American is too big to fail, because the international network is so critical the financiers will just continue to support it indefinitely?

The Earth will still rotate with American as a much smaller carrier post a trip to BK court.

Whether that’s good or bad for me individually or hurts your feelings doesn’t really effect the situation American finds itself in.

I'm suggesting that the current situation is really bad for everyone. American's spreadsheet is the worst, no doubt about it. But if things get so bad that AA folds and is sold off, do you realize what shape the other legacies will be in??

There is a lot at stake for many very large and powerful stakeholders here. AA tanking does a hell of a lot more than take out the 135,000 jobs, it's hundreds of aircraft orders that prop up an already-ailing US manufacturing giant you may have heard of - not to mention the stake airbus has in AAs survival.

Anyway, all this to say that it's clear management (read: Doug and his 2.3 million AA shares) isn't aiming for a strategic bankruptcy. That said, they'll be forced to do it if they hit the magic liquidity number (prob ~$8 billion).

I really believe that everything depends on this summer. If demand sucks and we don't stop the bleeding for a few months, they'll more than likely file chapter 11. Deal with the debt, come for our throats, etc etc. If the summer isn't half bad, vaccination programs get off the ground and things start opening up, things are going to be just fine. It's not about offending me as you say, it's just too early to tell if we'll go into chapter 11, and you're arguing for chapter 7. It's kind of nonsense

Originally Posted by acecrackshot View Post
Not a Hank Johnson fan, I see.
Lol that is great, hadn't seen that before.