View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 06:58 AM
Joachim
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
I would if they had a base in FLL and were paying Captains less than $100K a year.
No you wouldn’t.

You’d complain if your were told to. You’d complain if management got your union to do their dirty work for them and initiate a dishonest smearing campaign which in turn would be a perfect red herring for their own inadequacies. You and the other lemmings would rile each other up like chimps in a tribe and ruthlessly bash on the boogeyman you had been provided.

No US based Norwegian Captain made $100k. In fact Cityline and DY contracts are comparable. You guys were bashing good people. A handful of guys were in talks with ALPA to help them unionize. It could have turned into something good eventually. The workers were passionate about building it up trying hard to establish themselves as worthy of an industry standard contract.

Luckily we were all given 6 months of full pay upon termination. We were all offered jobs by a (very) good ALPA carrier and I found myself in class within four weeks. I’m now employed at my ultimate end game (hopefully) employer. Thanks for the ill wishers. You taught me to “smile and wave”

Joke is on you