View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:11 AM
GeeWizDriver
Speed, Power, Accuracy

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by Knobcrk1 View Post
Ok and did you ask these 20 family and friend doctors how they expect that to have been accomplished? Or did you guys just all nod together in unity?

Step 1- Isolate the old. Isolate the unhealthy population, which you can say is much of the country. Somehow get all these people to comply. Flood the healthcare system with the 30/40/50 year old healthy people that are trying to develop herd immunity for the good of the nation, who won’t die but need oxygen or need an extended stay at the hospital.
Step 2- ???????
Step 3- End of the pandemic

Something like that? All this for a population where half took months to figure out how to not place a mask on backwards or refuse to wear one at all. Brilliant plan. I wonder why no one did that.
The OVERWHELMING majority of positive tests among people under 65 are either asymptomatic or minor cases let alone result in "flooding the healthcare system." Some estimates place the number of asymptomatic cases that never recorded as 4-10 times as many as the confirmed positives. So no, they never should have been locked down and schools should NEVER have been closed. All your much beloved, nanny state, Big Brother over-reaction did was destroy an economy, empower the greatest expansion of big government in history, and stunt the education of an entire generation of children.

People like you STILL claim that 500,000 people have died OF Covid instead of WITH Covid. My pathologist friend has performed autopsies on more people than you KNOW and has explained death certificate processing to me in very gory detail. He has also studied the numbers throughout this pandemic. He is what you call an "expert" in the field. If there is ever an honest accounting of the primary cause of death in these cases (never happen BTW), he doubts more than 20% of the deaths were actually CAUSED by Covid, but rather a complicating factor listed below the primary cause of death on the DC.

People like you still pooh-pooh Sweden's response of asking the population to voluntarily limit gatherings and isolate the vulnerable rather than impose draconian lockdowns (oh, their mask compliance is also south of 20%) and their numbers are STILL better than most countries, especially when you consider that a HUGE portion of their fatalities were among Somali immigrants (vitamin D deficiency endemic to african heritage) and another huge portion were because of an early misstep on nursing home policy.

I've lived through Covid in my household. Have you?