View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 12:20 AM
Knobcrk1
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by GeeWizDriver View Post
The OVERWHELMING majority of positive tests among people under 65 aren't even symptomatic, let alone result in "flooding the healthcare system." Some estimates place the number of asymptomatic cases that never recorded as 4-10 times as many as the confirmed positives. So no, they never should have been locked down and schools should NEVER have been closed. All your much beloved, nanny state, Big Brother over-reaction did was destroy an economy, empower the greatest expansion of big government in history, and stunt the education of an entire generation of children.

People like you STILL claim that 500,000 people have died OF Covid instead of WITH Covid. My pathologist friend has performed autopsies on more people than you KNOW and has explained death certificate processing to me in very gory detail. He has also studied the numbers throughout this pandemic. He is what you call an "expert" in the field. If there is ever an honest accounting of the primary cause of death in these cases (never happen BTW), he doubts more than 20% of the deaths were actually CAUSED by Covid, but rather a complicating factor listed below the primary cause of death on the DC.

People like you still pooh-pooh Sweden's response of asking the population to voluntarily limit gatherings and isolate the vulnerable rather than impose draconian lockdowns (oh, their mask compliance is also south of 20%) and their numbers are STILL better than most countries, especially when you consider that a HUGE portion of their fatalities were among Somali immigrants (vitamin D deficiency endemic to african heritage) and another huge portion were because of an early misstep on nursing home policy.
I was just simply asking if you actually know what you were all in agreement to actually means. Like I said, you want to “isolate the vulnerable” which I’m assuming you mean the elderly and the unhealthy. How do you plan on doing this and how do you plan on having them comply? Old and unhealthy want to live their lives too. Second, that leaves the 30s to 50s population that qualifies as “healthy”. How will you get this population to be ready and willing to infect themselves for the good of the nation? How will you manage all these populations, essentially mobilizing them. As far as Sweden, if we’re still talking about that, we all know we had the worst response in the world to this, most other countries rallied together, we did not since we are deeply divided.

Last edited by Knobcrk1; 02-23-2021 at 12:34 AM.