Old 02-23-2021, 02:37 PM
FlyingDad65
Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by flywithchris View Post
Failed my check ride 5 times now
4 on private (yeah i know thats unheard of but it happened, 3 with same DPE and 4th with another)
passed instrument and commercial on first try
just failed my CFI-A on the flight portion

If I have a clean record from here on out including CFII, MEL and get myself to 135 operator and build my time, would I have a chance to make it to the regionals and major airlines?
I do have a bachelors degree in engineering and served in the Navy as an officer as well
I've been hearing from people that private check ride doesn't really matter and also CFI-A (because of the 80% fail rate)
but with that being said, I think 4 busts are a lot are a problem for private.
what do you guys think?
Any recruiters here would like to chime in?
4 busts is a lot. That being said, if you are young and have time, I would go to CAE or Flight Safety in the “right seat program” where are you can make a lot of good connections and get a lot of experience and simulators/jet environment.

There are a lot of ^^^^^^douche bags ^^^^^^ out there who will try to be negative and just create a toxic environment no matter where they go. Don’t pay any attention to them and keep going for your goal. Just be realistic that it will take longer and you will have to keep your record perfectly clean from here on out, including driving record. Volunteer, join a flight club and fly pilots for paws; anything you can do the pad your resume helps. Pay to have someone review your resume and applications b4 submitting them. And when you go for any interview, pay for the prep. Many people do not need this; but you were going for a multi million dollar job and it’s worth the money.