View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 03:32 PM
Ronaldo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2011
Position: Under beer over couch after skool

Originally Posted by Seneca Pilot View Post
Well, the leader we had at the time pushed back on the school closings, and the widespread lock downs, and said we would have a vaccine before the end of the year, and closed (to the extent of his authority) travel from the source country and later Europe where it was raging despite lock downs. All he got for that foresight was a media that skewered him daily. He turned out to be largely right. It almost looks like he had other information than just what Fauchi was putting out. Like he was taking in information from many sources and coming to rational conclusions.
Does lying to the American people and admitting it on tape rank up there with an appropriate action?

So you are saying we reacted well to COVID? This outcome is good? I don’t think this outcome is anything to be proud of.

I think turning off travel from China but not Europe was a half-hearted attempt (but a good move). 40,000 people still traveled to the US from China after the “shutdown”.

In either case the serial loser is gone. I don’t think he exhibited any traits of a leader during the crisis, but that’s not surprising given integrity is a fundamental quality of leadership.

None of that changes the question. Given the unknowns in January of 2020 what rational leader would say let it rip.