View Single Post
Old 02-23-2021, 04:06 PM
Seneca Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Does lying to the American people and admitting it on tape rank up there with an appropriate action?

So you are saying we reacted well to COVID? This outcome is good? I don’t think this outcome is anything to be proud of.

I think turning off travel from China but not Europe was a half-hearted attempt (but a good move). 40,000 people still traveled to the US from China after the “shutdown”.

In either case the serial loser is gone. I don’t think he exhibited any traits of a leader during the crisis, but that’s not surprising given integrity is a fundamental quality of leadership.

None of that changes the question. Given the unknowns in January of 2020 what rational leader would say let it rip.

Lying to the American people ranks him right up there with every other President, Senator, and House member. Along with Governors and state legislators. I also agree that he is low on the wish list for a President but not much lower than the current grifter. I didn't vote for either one.

You didn't respond so maybe you didn't see it but he did push back on school closings and mass lock downs. He did try to keep things more open but those decisions are made more locally. You can't have a national response in a constitutional republic.

The China to US travel was restricted to US citizens who can't be rejected, permanent residents who can't be rejected, and diplomats and their families that can't be rejected. Travel from Europe was shut down but not at the same time, a bit later. I know it's orange man bad but it isn't ok to mold the history to your personal preferences and leave out inconvenient facts.

I am saying we over reacted to Covid. We closed down too much. We destroyed a full year of our children's education with no scientific justification. We destroyed millions of jobs and businesses for no good reason. The President at the time attempted to slow down this over reaction. He did lie, so did many others. Cuomo continues to lie to try and save his skin. Newsome continues to lie. Governors who are attempting to open up and save their economies are suffering the same railroading that Trump did. Maybe they should lie to be more acceptable to portions of our population. Just go along to get along. Who cares what happens to the little guy, right?