View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 02:56 PM
EMAW
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
IIRC...

There's a limit of age 70 for 135/91k, but it only applies to large operators which conduct a certain number of legs each year.

Much like the original age 60 limit, it was politically engineered by managers of one company, Netjets. Coincidentally, only Netjets is large enough to trigger the operations threshold. So basically a special carve-out to get rid of older, expensive Netjets pilots.

With that said, maybe there needs to be an age limit for commercial ops but it should be applied evenly across the board. Or maybe just different rest rules, I'm sure many 70 year-old pilots who got a good nights sleep in their own bed in their own time zone are at least as alert as I am for a dawn report six time zones east of where I was the day before.
is that actually regulatory? Or is it self-imposed by NetJets (EJM). Don’t know about legs, but they are no longer the largest based on hrs flown according to ARGUS. At least in 2019 they were about half of GAMA signature. Now that wheels UP Has acquired Gama, DPJ, and TMC, I think the gap has grown. And Gama has at least a pilot or two in their mid 70s.