TED74 , 03-15-2021 03:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off
TED74
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Sep 2014
Quote:
To the “I was AFRES back in the day” guy, if you think USERRA is being abused by pilots responsibly submitting orders IAW the law, contact your Congressperson and have the law changed. I doubt you’ll get any sympathy.

Much like almost every outlier, the perpetual mil leave “abuser” is a very rare specimen. But since everyone knows someone who knows one, or once knew one, or once knew someone who once knew one, there’s a tendency to think something is widespread when in fact it is exceedingly rare. And folks like Sailing exaggerate their story for effect (did you repeatedly verify the availability-for-greenslips-on-every-day-off before telling us that what happened in your category? Believe it or not, some people actually bid off days with that exact goal - civ and mil - but you knew that already). My hunch is we have several hundred active military pilots TOTAL, with problem children numbering in less than the dozens... on a list of 12,000 pilots. Methinks there are more pressing issues that threaten ALL of our careers and quality of life much worse than these evil unicorns.