View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 07:34 PM
DeltaboundRedux
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2020
Position: Enoch Powell Enthusiast

SNORT!

Gawd darn. I wish I'd gone through the military route (of 30 years ago, not now. Yuck. Sounds like a woke jobs program writ large; plenty of that in the private sector at a tenth the price. Cough cough. DIE already. )

Knew a great USMC Master Sergeant (ret) Force Recon/Drill Sergeant going through civilian world flight training on the GI bill. Used to amuse (and horrify) his trusted buds by showing them his personal photo album full of non-sanitized pictures of Gulf Goat-Rope I...prominently featuring burning Iraqi tanks and half-charred corpses climbing out with cigarettes the passing Marines would put in their lips. ("Smokers". Get it? Subtle, those Marines. Good shots. Loud voices though. Smarter than you'd think on first impression...this guy spoke fluent Tagalog; needed it to woo his Pilipino wife who came to the US and became an MD )

Good times. "Blue Falcon", indeed.

Anyhoo, as a 100% civilian flier, trust me: there's a huge portion of us out there that don't know squat about active/reserve transition to big-D flying issues. Mostly just jealous of your pensions (which you earned). ***** away in the cockpit, please. Knowledge is power, and if you'd like the union to help, it would help your cause to get the clueless (me) onboard.

The generic saying about 1% peeing in the pool ruining it for the rest of us probably applies.

Last edited by DeltaboundRedux; 03-16-2021 at 08:00 PM.