View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 05:10 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by Noworkallplay View Post

In 2020 a big portion of the workforce (not pilots) who use to get out pension got cut out of the pension. This will relive a big liability on the fund over time.

The problem arises if we (pilots) get a huge benefit increase. This will again lay a large liability on the fund.

Ever wonder how many employees have a retirement benefit that will be paid out of the pension fund? Ever wonder how many have died and will receive no further benefit? Ever wonder what percentage of the fund is represented by pilots, dead or alive? Ever wonder whether the highly-compensated employees still accruing a retirement benefit are interested in maintaining the fund and keeping it viable? Ever wonder why The Company doesn't want to share that information with us?

When most non-pilot employees were unilaterally moved to other types of plans, they did not reduce the liabilities. The benefits earned are still due to those employees. Any increase to our FAE cap will increase the Projected Benefit Obligation (PBO) incrementally, but the near term liabilities for those soon to retire would be ... I'll say it again ... pocket change.

Oh, and I'll say this again, Noworkallplay,
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post

For someone who is so concerned about protecting your identity, you're awful apt to insult fellow pilots. Everybody knows who I am, so I have to take responsibility for every word I say. Maybe it's time for you to grow up a little and take responsibility for what you say. Shoot me a PM with your Employee number and I'll shoot you an e-mail to verify.

Or be a coward. Your choice.

I haven't seen that PM. Have you chosen the latter?

Originally Posted by Stan446 View Post

Why wouldn't you want the FAE to be the max the IRS allows? The company has been making a killing by not raising the FAE average. They are obligated to pay us a pension and that pension should have grown to at least cover inflation. Fedex has been flying huge loads for at least a year and making a ton of money. Its time we share in the profits we work for. Enough of the, "The company can't afford it". This contract shouldn't be that hard. Some work rule changes, a pay raise and raise the pension to the max allowed by the IRS.

AMEN, AMEN, and AMEN!

​​​​​​​