View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 10:43 PM
jetlag q
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by tonsterboy5 View Post
you are correct, except there is very little aviation presence or knowledge in minority communities. United is using their name and school to change this. They are providing mentoring and a program to allow disadvantaged youth a chance to break the typical cycle. They are seeking them, providing financial means and a clear path to an airline. Without this, these minorities will not know how to do it. I know it’s easy for us to say, “just look it up” or i did everything myself.. Good for you, but in general people are what surrounds them. Right now a huge majority of airline pilots are white men, of that a huge majority of them knew a pilot that helped them get into aviation, not all but most. In minority communities there isn’t this option right now. If you are worried about someone taking your job your have about 5 years to apply and work at united before any of these minority aviate applicants make it to united. You can either ***** about how it’s unfair or put on a smile and act like a normal human, pull up your bootstraps and find a way. Let me guess you didn’t apply to aviate at the express level because you are too good for it.

its like you were listening to the phone call i had with my wife smh. The people complaining about the diversity initiative act like they are getting replaced. Smh